Call for Proposals: Scientific Sessions
Welcome to the FIRST 2022 Submission Site!
Do you have new research, insights, emerging trends, or innovative technologies other professionals would benefit from learning? Submit a proposal for consideration to present at FIRST 2022!
FIRST, Food Improved by Research, Science and Technology, is IFT's reimagined annual event. This event will convene professionals from around the world through a hybrid experience that is personalized to attendee needs, while helping you more effectively connect with others, do business, and share science, and solve problems.
IFT is striving to create a more integrated experience for our annual event attendees. To showcase the best and most innovated science, the Call for Proposals aims to make life easier for the scientific community to showcase novel science and solutions that address the major challenges facing the global food system.
The Hybrid Delivery
For the FIRST 2022 hybrid event, accepted sessions will be asked to prepare the following:
- One FIRST Cut Session Summary (1-minute on-demand video detailing the most important information of your session)
- One On-Demand Session Recording either 10 or 20 minutes long
- Each on-demand session should only contain a single title and presentation
- Multi-part sessions should be submitted independently and can note that the sessions are related within the proposal
Live & In-Person
- Participate in one Multi-Session Conversation that brings together speakers from different sessions who all align to the same Guiding Question. These conversations will take place live throughout FIRST in Chicago, IL.
Scientific Program Office Hours
The Knowledge & Learning Experience Team will be holding Scientific Program Office Hours every Wednesday from 3:30 - 4:30 pm CT from now until November 30th. These informal meetings are meant to support Session Organizers and Presenters and answer any questions they may have during the FIRST 2022 Call for Proposals. Click here to join.
- October 12, 2021: Call for Proposals & Call for Reviewers Opens
- December 1, 2021: Call for Proposals Closes at 11:59pm CST
- December 6-20, 2021: Tier 1 Reviewers begin initial peer review to score proposals and identify high-quality, relevant sessions
- Dec 23, 2021 – February 11, 2022: Annual Meeting Scientific Program Advisory Panel (AMSPAP) begin the Tier 2 review process and make final selection of accepted proposals
- March 1, 2022: Submitters to be notified the status of their proposals
- March 15, 2022: Confirm hybrid participation
- May 31, 2022: All on-demand presentations due
- July 10-13, 2022: FIRST 2022 at Chicago, IL!
If you have any questions about the review process, please contact the Knowledge & Learning Experience team at firstname.lastname@example.org